Monday, April 6, 2015

A Brush With Evil: What you're missing out on...

So I've recently started writing for ghostfiles.tv. When I spoke with Connor Hopkins about what exactly I should be writing about, he pretty told me, whatever in the hell I wanted. You gotta appreciate projects what allow some creative freedom. At the same time, like most of you I'm on the ouside looking in at what these guys have going on.

I've been a fan of these guys work since pretty much day one. To have the opportunity to be a part of their little family and also to have the ability to connect everyone like myself with whats going on, is kinda of a cool gig. (Thanks guys!)

So I've spent these last two weeks trying to decide what to write about and immediately it seems obvious, I need to talk about A Brush With Evil. Now many of you may or may not have heard about this film brought to us by filmmaker Josh Heard, which is based on his book, "When Ghost Hunting Goes Wrong: A Brush With Evil". Question is, have you heard what people are saying about it? The outpouring of support has been pretty amazing so far. Josh, Connor, and crew have been out all over the US promoting ABWE. Things are now winding down from that. but they will certainly be doing way more as the year goes on.




The first thing some of you unfamiliar with this project, might be asking is, well what is it? I think this is best explained in Josh's own words. This is quoted directly from his press release:


"Local Author, Lecturer, and documentarian, Josh Heard, is bringing his first book, “When Ghost Hunting Goes Wrong: A Brush With Evil” to the big screen in his first full-length documentary. The film follows the story of Josh’s true account of a paranormal investigation that went horribly wrong.  Just when you think you have seen it all, Josh and his team show you the dark side of the most horrific paranormal experience they ever dreamed to encounter.  Get an inside look at what lead up to their real-life nightmare, the unexplainable truth, and the bravest four day investigation of a location that continues to haunt them today.  This is not only a story of the paranormal, but a life-long journey before and after the horrific events.  A story of life, love, friendship, and hope.   
“This was an amazing opportunity for me to finally get this story off of my chest. I had no idea that we would be turning this into a documentary one day. The hardest part of this was getting the rest of the team to return to that horrible place for one last time,” says author Josh Heard about the upcoming documentary. “It will be great to share this story and educate the masses that the paranormal is nothing like what is seen on television.”

Check out this trailer for ABWE
Interesting right? Let me tell you, first off I have absolutely no obligation to talk this film up. Fact is, I'm yet to see it. BUT-  I have heard Joshes story first hand, and even as quite the skeptic myself, I'm still completely intrigued by his account of experiences. I've seen the raw emotion of Josh talking about the Workman's Chapel incident. To say the least, it caused me to take a step back and at least say, "Damn, could this happen to me?" The fact of the matter is, I had a very scary incident happen to me while investigating, and therefore Joshes story truly resonated with me. Things CAN go wrong, and that's why I back this film. People need to know the truth about the consequences of toying with the unknown.

But enough about what I think, allow me to give you a little peek inside the ABWE world to see what people are saying about the film. We hope to see all of you out there while promoting this film. If you haven't checked it out, I suggest you do as soon as possible!













Like what you hear? Check out A Brush With Evil for more updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment